Welcome to the careers information for Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network.
I’m really delighted that you’re wondering what it would be like to work for the network. If you think you have the right skills, experience and motivation to contribute to our team, then we would love to hear from you.
We are an ambitious, committed and dynamic team, and have grown from less than 10 staff just 5 years ago to around 50 today. Every one of our staff has something unique to offer and makes a positive impact for our members and partners in Kent, Surrey and Sussex – and beyond. We are now operating within our second five-year licence period with NHS England/NHS Improvement, and have made it our ongoing ambition to become an employer of choice by 2020. We are investing in our staff and their future, prioritising their needs and ambitions, and doing all we can to make KSS AHSN the most desired place to work in the region.
Please do take the time to view our current vacancies and get in touch if you want to be part of the our team. I wish you the best of luck with your job search and look forward to the possibility of working with you in the near future.
Kent Surrey Sussex Academic Health Science Network
- A starting rate of 33 days annual leave (pro rata), rising to 35 days after five years
- We offer flexible working and flexible working hours
- We can provide you with a season ticket loan
- In addition to those needs identified by individual personal development plans, we offer regular lunchtime ‘light bite’ sessions and ad-hoc workshops and training
- We are committed to the well-being of our staff at work – we listen to their views and seek feedback on how we are doing via an annual staff satisfaction survey
- We promote and encourage a good work/home life balance.
- Further details relating to our key terms of employment can be found here.
KSS AHSN has developed a clear vision for the direction of the company. A set of values and behaviours have also been developed and agreed to underpin this vision. Our values and behaviours framework can be found here.
Applicants and employees will be expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these values and behaviours, which will be assessed through the recruitment, selection and appraisal processes.
It is the desire of KSS AHSN to broaden diversity within our workforce.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensures that all new, existing and prospective employees are treated fairly through the principles of equal treatment and promotion of diversity.
- ensuring that all individuals who come into contact with KSS AHSN, whether as employees, stakeholders or in any other capacity, are treated with dignity and respect;
- ensuring that the opportunities KSS AHSN provides for learning, personal development and employment are made available on a non-discriminatory basis; and
- providing a safe, supportive and welcoming environment for employees, stakeholders, visitors and others.
Along with all 15 AHSNs in the AHSN Network, we are committed to a series of pledges to further support the diversity and innovation agenda.