Patient Safety Collaborative safe discharge and transfer scoping workshop
Date: Tuesday 27 January 2015, 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
Venue: Concorde Suite, Holiday Inn, Gatwick, RH6 0BA
The KSS Patient Safety Collaborative hosted a workshop to help develop the aims and objectives for the safe discharge and transfer workstream, and plan how the work could be implemented locally.
You can read and download the presentations and outcome report for the workshop on the safe discharge and transfer workstream section of the website.
|09:30 – 10:00||Registration & refreshments|
|10:00 – 10:15||Introduction to Kent Surrey Sussex|
Patient Safety Collaborative
Kay Mackay, Co-Director KSS PSC
|10:15 – 10:45||Safe discharge and transer: Why is this a priority?|
Sue Wales, Senior Improvement Manager, KSS PSC
|10.45 – 11.00||Patient Story|
|11.00 – 11.15||Atlas of Variation on discharge and transfer - |
what does the data say?
Quality Observatory & lead for Measurement KSS PSC
|11.15 – 11.30||Refreshment break |
|11.30 – 12.00||Discussion about the data|
|12.00 – 13.00|
- What examples of good practice in discharge and transfer are already there?
- Lessons from failure
|13.00 – 14.00||Lunch break|
|14.00 – 14.45|
Aims and objectives
Safe discharge and transfer facilitated discussion
- Are we measuring the right things?
- What are we aiming for and by when?
|14.45 – 15.45|
- What should the priorities be for the safe discharge and transfer workstream in Year 1?
- How can the KSS PSC best support spread of innovations in safe discharge and transfer care?
- How can KSS PSC best support improvements in care home sector?
|15.45 – 16.00||Next steps|
Sue Wales and Kay Mackay KSS PSC